Paul Kaplin Memorial Scholarship
Blind LGBT Pride International (BPI) is thrilled and delighted to announce that we will be offering the annual Paul Kaplin Memorial Scholarship, to attend the annual
American Counsel of the blind (ACB) national Conference & Convention, which will be held in Dallas Texas from July 3RD – 11TH this year!
Our 2015 recipient will receive round trip airfare to Dallas, lodging, our BPI Convention Package, which includes tickets to all BPI sponsored activities and workshops, and a ticket to the ACB Banquet.
APPLICATION PROCESS –
Note: submissions MUST be received by email at firstname.lastname@example.org,
By May 8Th, 2015, NO LATER than11:59 PM EDT. The recipient will be announced on May 22ND.
*Please answer all questions fully, incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please submit the following information on a cover sheet:
– City, State/Province, Country, Zip
– Phone number you are best reached at
– Email Address
– Length of time you have been a member of BPI?
– Include a statement indicating that you are both the following by March 31, 2015:
-at least 18 years of age.
-A BPI member in good standing.
If chosen, you agree to attend all events, and meet all conditions as they have been expressed and posted under the requirements section of the 2015 BPI Scholarship Information located on the official BPI web site at:
– Must be over 18 years of age.
– Must be a BPI member in good standing, as of March 31, 2015.
-Must have a record of not having attended an ACB Conference and Convention in the past.
-Must be available to schedule and attend a phone interview with members of the BPI Scholarships Committee.
The 2015 BPI Scholarship Recipient will be responsible to –
– Submit a cover sheet as outlined above.
– Submit a 1 page essay as outlined below.
– Write an article for our post-convention “Inside Out” Newsletter,
detailing your experience at the ACB convention, and attendance at the BPI
sponsored activities, & workshops.
Attend the following:
– all BPI sponsored activities & workshops, including the Annual Board Meeting & Caucus,
– A minimum of 3(3) of 5 ACB General Sessions, and
– the ACB Farewell Banquet as well as the keys to convention workshop.
Essay Details –
Please submit a 500 word essay which includes your thoughts on the following points:
– What experience would you be able to bring to BPI, as a volunteer, and
potentially in a future Leadership role?
– How and why would coming to the ACB convention and participating in BPI be of help to you personally?
– What do you hope to gain and learn from the overall experience?
– How do you see yourself using the knowledge that you will gain from this experience to “Pay It Forward” to BPI, and to your fellow members of BPI and ACB?
– BPI is not responsible for any room charges and incidentals that may be incurred during the recipient’s stay.
* – BPI is not responsible for any expenses not specifically outlined in this award package, including, but not limited to, lost luggage, medical expenses, and any expenses related to any unforeseen emergency, or anything
related to any agreement, or situation, which the recipient may incur, or enter into, on their own accord.
*Any questions regarding this scholarship and its requirements may be directed to
Tiffany Taylor at 734-578-7841 or by email at